Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Can Do That?

I am currently getting ready to go out of town for a while so I was trying to take things out of my fridge that I thought could go bad before I returned. I can never quite figure out the shelf life on eggs so I decided to be on the safe side and hard boil them so that they would still be good when I came back. Well I put them in a pot of boiling water and left them on the stove while I went into my room to try and complete an assignment I have due for a class tomorrow morning. Almost an hour later I heard a loud popping noise almost like gun shots. I instantly remembered the eggs and thought one of my roommates was just moving the pot off the stove because the water had boiled over. Well not quite. When I made it to the kitchen, the water had boiled completely out of the pot leaving just my burnt eggs which had literally exploded (hence the loud popping noise). I didn't even know you could burn hard boiled eggs! I hope my roommates won't be too upset with me about the smell...


No comments:

Post a Comment