Wednesday, July 7, 2010

N.Y.C Nail Polish Glitzy Grape Glitter Review

I love experimenting with my nails and trying new bold, bright colors. But I am an aspiring attorney and a lot of the colors I love are not really appropriate in a conservative office environment. So I've been on a quest to find colors that are still fun but work-appropriate.

I was in Target and came across this N.Y.C. polish. Normally I walk past the collection of N.Y.C. polishes because I've heard other people say that the colors never look as good on as they do in the bottle. But since it was under $1.00 I figured I could justify buying a color that I may never wear again.

I chose the Glitzy Grape because it had a slight touch of color but was still conservative enough to wear to work without offending anyone. Well to my surprise I actually fell in love with the color!

I had to apply 3 coats in order for the color to be as bright as it is in the bottle and even after that the color was still a little bit sheer. But this polish dries super fast so it makes having to apply so many coats a little less painful. I also don't know why it is classified as a long-wear enamel because after 2 days of wear my polish was already chipping. But I paid like .97 cents for it so what do you expect.


If you buy this polish you probably will have to touch your nails up quite often. But since I am experimenting with colors, the cheaper the polish the more colors I can try so it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment