Thursday, August 12, 2010

Music Spotlight: Locke


Back when I was on myspace, my inbox was constantly flooded with messages from amateur artists trying to promote their music. Some of it was ok, most of it was not. But every once in a while I would find an artist that I thought was just as good if not better than most of the mainstream artists out now.

Meet Locke. They are an R&B trio based in California. Apparently they were on BET's 106 and Park earlier this year but I don't really watch the show anymore. I was on a friend's myspace page and I kept hearing She Don't Know playing in the background. I looked all over her page trying to find out who was singing the song but I didn't see a music player. Then I tried to google the lyrics and the song didn't come up. Finally I went back on her myspace page and found a link to Locke's myspace page in her comments. I was shocked when I realized that the song was by an amateur artist.

I love She Don't Know but they have some other good songs on their myspace page. You can check it out
here.

Take a listen to my favorite single. Hopefully you'll like it as much as I do. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment