Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Fall TV Must See List

I'm so excited to check out the Fall TV lineup. Here are some of the shows I plan to watch (at least once) in no particular order.

1. Desperate Housewives



Ok so this isn't technically a new show but after the theatrics that was the death of Eddie Britt I finally gave up on this show. But now that Vanessa Williams is joining the cast I am excited to check back in on Wisteria Lane. I absolutely love Ms. Williams and I was so mad when ABC cancelled Ugly Betty. I hope they make real use of her talent and that she doesn't just get a background role like Alfre Woodard did when she was on the show.

And I've also heard rumors that Brian Austin Greene is joining the cast. I don't know if it is true but he is hot hot hot!


2. My Generation


Now that I'm 7 years removed from high school I often find myself thinking about how different my life is now from what my 17 year old mind imagined it would be. My Generation (ABC) will follow the lives of former classmates 10 years after high school. The previews have looked pretty entertaining but I'm still not sure whether this will be as good as I think it will be. I can't wait to check it out.



3. Blue Bloods

I miss the days of really good cop dramas. Since distributors refuse to release NYPD Blue on DVD, I guess I'll have to hope that a new cop show can help me fill the void. This CBS show, starring Donny Wahlberg and Tom Selleck, follows the lives of a family of NY cops . I think this is the show I am anticipating the most.

4. Outlaw


This NBC show starring Jimmy Smits is about a Supreme Court judge who leaves the bench to return to private practice so he can fix the system he believes to be broken. It's been a long time since there was a good legal drama on TV (yes I liked Boston Legal but that was more of a comedy). Plus the show is produced by the same guy who made Alias which I really liked.


5. Law and Order-Los Angeles

Ok I know what you are thinking-how many Law and Orders is NBC going to make? I was thinking the same thing. But I think LA will provide a new twist to the show and with all the craziness going on in CA these days they will have plenty of stories to use for "inspiration". I'm not quite sure how I feel about Terrance Howard joining the cast though. I guess we'll have to wait and see...



6. Undercovers

This NBC show starring Boris Kodjoe and British new comer Gugu Mbatha-Raw looks to be a twist on Brad and Angie's Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Kodjoe and Mbatha-Raw play married spies that work together and from the previews that is all I can really figure out. The truth is, the reason why I am so excited about this show is because it features two black actors in the lead roles. When is the last time that happened on a major network? Plus it is from producer J.J. Abrams (Lost and Alias). Let's hope it lives up to its potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment